Friday, February 20, 2015

Gold Silk Doublet

Over the course of the past year I've been honing my skills in doublet tailoring. I made several doublets, and finally felt ready to completely hand-sew a doublet in all historically correct materials, to enter into competition at Kingdom Arts & Sciences. I bought the gold silk, linen canvas interlining, and handkerchief-weight linen lining all from Gray Lines Linen in New York. Then it sat in my house for nearly six months while I practiced on less precious material, improving my skills and perfecting the pattern. At the beginning of January, I knew I had to cut into it. It was time.

You'll find a photographic dress diary on my Flickr site, and I'll be posting more pictures, as well as my documentation and research, over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment