Thursday, November 15, 2018

Black Widow Pockets

You know what Black Widow, member of the Avengers and super spy, needs with her outfit? Pockets. She needs pockets. Just... don't ask what she's keeping in there. You probably don't want to find out.


I bought an embroidery pattern called Spooky Spiderweb Border. I mirrored the design and placed the designs to allow just enough space for the access slit to fit between them.


Stitching almost halfway done. The fabric is lightweight white linen, hooped with tear-away stabilizer and stitched with standard black machine embroidery thread.


All stitched!


I used a scrap of red polyester satin and treated the pocket access slit as if it were a keyhole neckline slit, then rolled the facing to expose just a tiny line of red and topstitched it in place. 



The red of the facing was showing through the thin white linen, so I backed it with a black linen. I used the same black linen to form the back of the pocket, with serging to handle the raw edges inside. I sewed the finished pocket onto a simple length of cotton twill tape as a waistband, and tied it on to wear it. Each pocket is on its own waistband, so I can use them together or singly.


No comments:

Post a Comment